
This year Ry and I enjoyed Thanksgiving down in Vernal at Grandma Schaefermeyers home. We had a great time. Tons of the family - probably around 40 different people came and went while we were there. Good food and lots of fun little cousins to play with. I made pies and had great little helpers! Four of which were under the age of four - they did great stirring!
My favorite part of the weekend though was probably everyone elses most hated part. We woke up Thanksgiving morning to find the oven was broken. Something you always hear of happening, but it never really happens. Oh, it was funny! We cooked the turkey in an electric pan. And Ry hung out at the church for 3 hours and baked all the pies. Greg, my father-in-law, would take them over one at a time as I got them ready. What an adventure!
It's also tradition to cut down Christmas Trees during that weekend. The last of pictures in the Photo Album are of that. And yes, I made my family hold hands around the tree and sing "Oh, Christmas Tree" before we cut it down. If they didn't think I was crazy before - I'm sure they do now!
http://ryandbarb.myphotoalbum.com

No comments:
Post a Comment