Hooray! I'm done! And I'm back to blogging for reals this time...here are some graduation pictures as promised. So happy! It's like Christmas! =)
Since Troy doesn't know me very well...=) I graduated in Family, Consumer, & Human Development with an emphasis in Community Services. This means I could work with CAPSA (Community Abuse Prevention Services Agency), Headstart Preschools, anything really! Basically I am a preventitive educator for families. My goal is to start teaching classes now (Infant Massage, Parenting Skills, Stress Management, Marital Communication, etc.) and work towards getting my CFLE (Certified Family Life Educator) which takes 2000 hours of teaching in the community. I am already a CIMI (Certified Infant Massage Instructor) so I am starting there, teaching classes in the hospitals. I also will be going back for my Masters in Infancy & Early Childhood Education, and my thesis will focus on Father Attachment & Bonds in the first 3 years of life. So there ya go...hope that helps! =)
-

11 comments:
Hey, you could at least tell us people who barely know you what your degree was in.
stop taking pictures and watch the road!!
Hey, that's cool. I used to know and do tons of work for the head of CAPSA in Logan :)
i always tell people that my dad did a lot of stuff for CAPSA when he was living here...
I didn't know that! If it's the same person - I met her a few months ago, really nice. I interviewed her for a research paper I was doing on Domestic Violence.
And Jeff - we were parked, I swear! =) No we really weren't driving...
congrats barb, I'm so proud of you!
Seriously, that is the sweetest cake in history. --Carrie
My Blogger login doesn't seem to be workin'. --CAF
Congratulations Barb! You worked so hard and you deserve it!
-Heidi
Barb, the lady I knew was Diane Stuart. I think she may have moved up the ladder by now . . .
Congratulations! I am so happy for you and a little envious too. I love the pictures they are great. Korby
Post a Comment