
For Mother's Day Mel, Carrie, & I made mom this quilt. It has pictures of all the kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids on it. It was so fun to make. The placement of the pictures & the colored boxes & yellow rays going out are all symbolic. It shows how even though as a family we may come from different origins - half brothers/sisters, etc. We still our an eternal family - hence the picture of the Temple in the middle. And mom & dad still care about & love everyone the same. There is more symbolism - but I'm sure you all can figure that out. She loves it - it hangs on her living room wall. However, our goal was to make her cry, but that didn't work...too bad. =)
To view close-up sections of the quilt - go to My Photo Album

8 comments:
Good job, B, seriously. --CAF
Thanks for posting some pics of that.
That is great. Very thoughtful. I am sure she will cherish it. Korby
You survived finals! I am glad you are back. Korby
jeff and i are wondering where the great grandkids go! :)
oh yeah, I was going to tell you that Jeff and I saw that Planet Earth series in Walmart tonight... $57! I wanted to get you a copy all secret like, and hide it away until your birthday, but then I was worried you already would have it or see it and buy it or whatever. So there! :)
DIANNA....why are you worried about the great-grandkids? Do you have something you want to share with the whole class?! =) Actually though, there are already 4 great-grandkids on there - once all the blank space is filled we're going to add another outside panel - so it will be huge! But seriously, what are you saying?!
Oh, and what do you think about adding names & birthdays under the pictures?
That's a pretty good price for the Planet Earth series...such a good show!
Do you like how this whole comment was for you? =)
Aww, I feel so special...
It's funny because the other day I had this memory pop into my head of a children's bedtime book that had 365 stories in it, we had when I was a kid, so I thought maybe mom or dad would remember what it was called, and mom thought I was asking for a REASON.
I think putting names and birthdays underneath is a great idea. Especially the birthdays cuz then it's all right there everyday!
Post a Comment