GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, May 21, 2007

Planet Earth


If any of you haven't seen this new series on Discovery Channel, "Planet Earth", you ought to. I love it! It's an 11 part mini-series with incredible footage. I heard it took them over 5 years to film everything. And the camera men get into some crazy places and film things that have never been viewed before. I want it so bad...maybe for my birthday. =)

To learn more about it & watch some clips go to the Planet Earth Homepage. If you're a nerd like me, you're bound to love it too!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY KIDS LOVE THIS SHOW! I was surprised that they liked it so much. It brings lots of entertainmemt to our family. Korby

Anonymous said...

Is it for sale? I should get it for us for Christmas.Korby

Anonymous said...

They had a Planet Earth marathon on Discovery channel on Earth Day and I was about to throttle Gary because he wouldn't stop watching this. Doesn't he know we are only allowed to do what I want to do?
-Heidi

Barb said...

It is on sale! The cheapest I've heard of is $54 at Wal-Mart - thanks to my niece, Dianna. Such a good shopper lady!

Unknown said...

I sure hope that's the right copy! Jeff and I got nervous cuz it had BBC video on it and we weren't sure if that was the right company, but we read the back about how long they spent on it and such, and it just sounded right. Anyway, Walmart everyone!

Troy said...

Great videography, same ol' BBC slant ;)

Barb said...

Troy - are you referring to the sly hints about global warming and such? Poor little polar bear without any ice caps...?

MStevenson said...

Looks fun.

Anonymous said...

I saw a couple of episodes of it on an HDTV and it was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I feel bad for the polar bear! (Come'mere tree, give me a nice big ol' hug!!)

Carrie

Troy said...

Barb - basically that the earth would be better off without the human virus.

Unknown said...

great clip barb! I have to say that I probably wouldn't have found it as funny if I had known what you were doing....