GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm Proud to be an American...

The following news story made me even that much more grateful to live in the U.S. where medical personel are held to a higher standard than most everywhere else in the world.

CARACAS (Reuters) - A Venezuelan man who had been declared dead woke up in the morgue in excruciating pain after medical examiners began their autopsy.

Carlos Camejo, 33, was declared dead after a highway accident and taken to the morgue, where examiners began an autopsy only to realize something was amiss when he started bleeding. They quickly sought to stitch up the incision on his face.

"I woke up because the pain was unbearable," Camejo said, according to a report on Friday in leading local newspaper El Universal.

His grieving wife turned up at the morgue to identify her husband's body only to find him moved into a corridor -- and alive.

Reuters could not immediately reach hospital officials to confirm the events. But Camejo showed the newspaper his facial scar and a document ordering the autopsy.

4 comments:

MStevenson said...

that's crazy!

Troy said...

I'm with ya Barb. Let's elect Hillary so we can have socialized medicine here in the US. :)

D'N'J said...

ew! that makes my... everything hurt! :)

Heather said...

Ow! I'm sure his wife is thrilled though! As is he...