GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, September 10, 2007

Shoes and Snakes

When I was in London a few years back I actually went to the world famous Harrods Department Store - VERY ritzy! I saw a 30 carat diamond ring...ridiculous! At least I thought it was ridiculous...until I saw this on the news today...

King Cobra Snake Brought In To Protect Expensive Shoes

A $120,000 pair of shoes has some unusual protection at London's famed Harrods department store. "Cedrick" the king cobra snake was brought in to protect the killer heels which are encrusted with rubies, sapphires and diamonds.
The shoes went on sale at 'Harrods' Monday. The snake's handler says "Cedrick" will strike at anything threatening including himself, when he tried to move the shoe.


You all know I love shoes - but come on!

7 comments:

MStevenson said...

Admit it you want those shoes.

Anonymous said...

haha that's a good one. you wish you had your OWN snake to guard yer shoes!!

MStevenson said...

I like how your music doesn't automatically play anymore. I wish more people would set their music players like you have (have to push play to hear the music). Thanks.

Elicia said...

jeez, i don't think i would want shoes that would have to be guarded by a snake? i wouldn't want to wear them for fear of ruining the shoes!

Ben said...

But if the king cobra does it's job, who are the police going to arrest?

Heidi said...

Won't the snake get the shoes "dirty"?

Heather said...

Just plain weird, and aren't they afraid of lawsuits?