
I just made this last night - so easy and way good! Here is the recipe...
Fresh Peach Pie2 cups fresh sliced peaches
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp butter or margarine
Dash of salt
1/4 tsp almond extract
Graham Cracker crust
- Sprinkle peaches with sugar and lemon juice, coat evenly. Let stand 1 hour. Measure 1 cup of the peach juice from the peaches. Thicken with cornstarch on stove. Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients. Let cool. Pour over fresh peaches. Spoon into crust. Chill 4 hours, or until set.
It is very tasty. My only suggestion is to serve it with cool whip or vanilla ice cream to balance out the tartness. Next time I think I'll take a small tub of thawed cool whip and spread it evenly over the top and then sprinkle the cool whip with almond slices for a garnish. Or if you're really ambitious (and patient) you can try something fancy like the picture above!

3 comments:
ew, peaches. :) you didn't even invite me over for a slice! :( i guess that's ok since i don't much like peaches.
It seems like you dont like very much...no strawberries, oarnges, peaches...jk..
Barb that does look good! Why isn't it on our recipe site.??
I am for sure going to be making this, seeing how I live in "Peach City" and I also love peaches!!!
Post a Comment