GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Thursday, October 18, 2007

SURPRISE!!!!

Been wondering why we dropped off the face of the planet and haven't blogged forever?! Well, I'm pregnant!! Hooray! And we decided this would be the easiest way to get the word out to everyone - especially since I haven't been up for phone calls much (or anything else really). Mostly my day consists of trying not to throw up, working for a few hours, and then trying not to throw up again...so, I'm not big on phone calls right now. =) I'm 10 weeks along and we are both SO excited! The baby is due May 14th...and things are good so far. We got ultrasound pictures a couple of weeks ago and our doctor said everything looks great. We even got to hear the fast little heartbeat. So get excited! Many baby posts our on their way...

Little Baby-Schaefy is about an inch and a half long right now. He's swallowing and kicking up a storm. All vital organs are in place (the dark spot in the picture is the heart). Little tiny nails are starting to form on the fingers and toes and peach-fuzz hair is starting to grow. His limbs can now bend and the forehead bulges due to his enormous & developing brain. (and no this isn't a picture of our baby...just something I found online)

It was so fun to hear Baby-Shaefy's heartbeat at our appointment two weeks ago. Little thing. =)

Oh and a quick apology to everyone whom I might have offended in the past month or so by seeming disinterested or mellow, which isn't like me...Hiding being sick was getting increasingly harder. (Sorry I was a bum during your visit Troy & Robin!)

15 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

ahhhhh CONGRATS!

Heather said...

Super Happy Congratulations Barb and Ryan!!! I'm so happy for the both of you! Awesome news, and I hope the nausea stops for you very soon! (That was always the hardest part of any of my pregnancies, so I am very sympathetic.) Congrats again!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! That's soooo exciting! WOW. I'm so happy for you guys! And jealous! But no, it's just good for you.. yay!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!!! I am SO happy for you. Such GREAT news. I hope you feel better soon.

Troy said...

Suckers!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

AAhhh, Carrie and I both noticed that you are referring to the baby as HE. . . hummm. And I knew right away that the picture of the baby was not the Schaefy baby... YOUR baby is so very "cute". I am so glad that you could get a blog done B, now you can get fun comments. COOL

Loves
MOM

Abby said...

congrats!! That is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

congrats barb that is so exciting!!!!!

MStevenson said...

Barbara I'm so excited for you and Ryan! It will be so fun to have a cousin close in age on our side of the family.

He or she, I think its a she will be so spoiled.

Why dont you try and have her on the 13th?

Elicia said...

I'm so excited! let me know when it is a girl or a boy! then i could make another baby blanket for you, like the one i made for mel. only different, and bigger!

Jake said...

hey congrats on the upcoming arrival! that will be awesome...post some pictures of your motorcycle!

jakeandkims.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

barb i hope you have a girl. then we will have one of each to play with!

Heidi said...

Hooray! That is such great news! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I will hug it

Anonymous said...

I hereby apologize for a fellow commenter who misused quotation marks (i.e., "cute"). I tried to get her to change it, but to no avail.

Reference the Perdue Online Writing Lab (OWL):

Use quotation marks to indicate words used ironically, with reservations, or in some unusual way.

e.g.
The great march of "progress" has left millions impoverished and hungry.

e.g.
My brother claimed he was too “busy” to help me.