
4 months - woohoo!! At 4.5 inches long (head to bum) and 3.5 ounces, Baby-Schaefy is about the size of an avocado. In the next 3 weeks, he'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, though, doubling his weight and adding inches to his length. His lower limbs are much more developed now. His head is more erect and his eyes & ears have moved into place. Some of his more advanced body systems are working, including the circulatory & urinary tract. His heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, circulating his total blood volume through his body many times. The patterning on his scalp has begun, though his hair isn't recognizable yet. Although closed, his eyes are moving (slowly), and he's even started growing toenails.

7 comments:
Yes, but when do we get to the "Rat Baby" stage?
I'm so excited!
I'm glad your feeling better. Its going to go even faster now that your not feeling so bad anymore.
Are you going to find out what you are having and if yes will you announce for all to know?
It is really fun following your pregnancy.
I am so excited for you.
Yes, rat baby. I need to know.
Mmmmmmm your baby would be delicious on toast!
The fruits and veggies really give a great gauge so you can picture how big that sweet little baby is each week. I'm guessing pineapple baby is when you're full term though.
Post a Comment