GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Friday, November 16, 2007

Clowning Around...


I am officially convinced now that sometimes, maybe more often than we realize, doctors have absolutely no clue what they're doing. Here's the story...

I have been so super sick with my pregnancy so far, throwing up is an expected daily event. But I could tell I was starting to feel better about a week and a half ago - having some good days mixed in with the bad. Then Ry brought home a nasty cold and was kind enough to share it with me. =) This just added to the fun. The morning sickness was subsiding, but my cold was making me throw up...I'll skip the details here. And I couldn't take anything for the cold, or so I thought, and it was only getting worse.

Finally after about a week of trying to get straight answers, and trying to get rid of the cold myself, my nuerologist told me what kind of cold medicine would be okay to mix with my seizure medicine, and I my OB told me what was okay to take that wouldn't harm the baby. The pharmicist had no idea...So going off of both doctors recommendations, I took Tylenol cough syrup, should be safe right?! Well, I can genuinely say I have actually experience a drug overdose...wow. Totally not fun. Either the medications interacted weird, or my body is allergic to something in cough syrup...but I literally was on a drug trip for 24 hours. It was the most bizarre and horrible thing - I really wouldn't make a good druggy. I couldn't sleep, felt like I was hullicinating, and was throwing up every half hour until Ry and his bro, Jordan, gave me a priesthood blessing. Thank goodness for the power of the Priesthood! I didn't throw up after that and the room slowly started to stop spinning.

And I have pink eye...go figure. Who gets pink eye when they're 23?! At least I'll have some really good pregnancy stories to tell this kid someday... =)

10 comments:

Greg S. said...

Barbara, I'm sorry I read so much detail. Are you okay today? Maybe you better come down here and get away from Ryan. I'm not sure he is good for you right now. :-)

Please do take care. It is a little scary that you can't even do what the doctors tell you. Dad S.

robin said...

I'm praying for you to get over your cold and your morning sickness. Once the morning sickness is over, pregnancy can be kind of fun! Wait until you feel the baby move and kick! So great!

Troy said...

I always thought you were a "sicko"



:)

MStevenson said...

I'm really sorry your sick...I cope you feel better soon. And I sure hope mom washed her hands after she was at your house and came over to watch Wellington.

Anonymous said...

you poor lady. you have every affliction all at once!

Elicia said...

wow! i'm sorry! i love the story though! isn't the priesthood great! i love it!

Jake & Becca said...

You must have a really sweet Shafey-baby stewing in there . . . I hear the harder the pregnancy, the easier the child-rearing.

Let's just hope that's true.

robin said...

There's also a rumor that morning sickness and heartburn indicate having a baby with lots of hair! We will all have to wait a while to see if that one comes true!

Jake & Becca said...

Oh you poor dear, I had the same problem finding a cold medecine when I was pregnat but minus the OD part. I'm so sorry but if it makes you feel better I think Jake might have pink eye. Good luck and it really should get better...I always hated it when people said that cause I just wanted to be better now!

Anonymous said...

Yah that kid better become a Nobel prize winner or something. To make up for it. If not, I will pinch it. (I will pinch it anyway)