GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

17 Weeks - Turnip Baby


Baby-Schaefy now weighs 5 ounces (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long. She can move her joints, and her skeleton - until now rubbery cartilage - is starting to harden to bone. Her sense of hearing is also developing - Ryan keeps yelling 'boo' at my stomach trying to scare the baby...=) The umbilical cord, her lifeline to the placenta, is growing stronger and thicker.

Get ready for a gender guessing post coming up...we find out what the baby is on December 26th!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...turnips can have genders?

I'm going to make Carrot Turnip Casserole out of her/him! Mmmmmmmmmm

Elicia said...

Oh! i'm so excited!!!

MStevenson said...

and those are the kind of comments that make me the favorite aunt. jk.

Anonymous said...

BOY! definitely boy.

BlondieBlueEyes said...

I am so excited for you. I loved finding out what I was having. I am excited to play your guessing game.

Anonymous said...

hI b
Hi B
I am sorry I missed the last game.
Can I guess more than once at this new game to make up for the last game?
Love
Mom

Heather said...

I was just thinking it was close to "that time" when you would be able to find out just what in the heck you are haiving! So exciting!!! I will make sure to NOT miss this game!