
No, my baby is not a "child of the corn", just the length of a long piece of corn. =) And, it is officially 6 months! That is monumental people.
Baby-Schaefy is growing steadily, gaining about a quarter of a pound since last week, when she was just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), that makes a pretty lean figure, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon put on more baby fat. Her skin is thin, translucent, and wrinkled - her brain is growing rapidly, and her taste buds are developing. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance that helps the air sacs inflate easily.
She is kicking and moving around a lot more now! It is so fun to feel her. It's like we're getting to know her personality through her movements. And I just thought this picture was so cute - I love the smile and wave.
On another baby-related note. I just added this new countdown widget to the sidebar...just scroll a little to view. I'm pretty excited about it. And if you click on the "113 Days To Go", it will change to count another way...=) Oh, and I promise Elicia, I will post a picture of my ever growing stomach soon! I just keep forgeting to take one.

11 comments:
Have you two started thinking about names yet?
There's not much time left! Mother's day baby?
I saw that widget a little while back and thought it was pretty cute.
The baby countdown widget is so fun!
Could be Troy! She's due May 14th and Mother's Day is May 11th...I'm hoping she comes early, but after finals week, which ends May 2nd. Crossing my fingers!
Elicia - Right now we really like Bella, but we're still taking suggestions! Hard to find something that sounds good with Schaefermeyer...=) Clare, Elizabeth, and Kaelyn are all in the running too...
my votes are on bella or claire.
SO EXCITING! She will be here so soon. Time is flying by. I like the names. Can't wait to hear what your final pick is.
Hey I found your link through Stacy (Taggart) Fredericks page (does that help? I'm Aubrey who was Stacy's friend...last time you saw me was in that awful Michael Ballam class and I was eight months pregnant with my first baby...we have three now.). Anways, I just wanted to say congrats on the baby girl! Girls are so much fun!
I've had a ball looking back at all of your old entries, you're a hoot. I am totally stealing your thing one and thing two idea for Halloween this year for Jared and I, just for the trunk or treat of course :)
You guys are cute and I love your site, it's so fun to run into people you know (or know of) online!
I still like "Sinnamon" (spelled with an S to match with your last name)
That is cute carrie! i do like that.
I took preggy pictures every few weeks with Finn, and I was SO GLAD I did! My favorites were the true side shots of my belly (it was huge!), it was fun to see how much I had changed each time we took a new pic. As for names, I like Elizabeth and Clare best, such pretty names! Craig and I ususally had the middle name picked out, then a list of first names. Finley was the first, and only baby where we actually had his entire name, first and two middle names, all picked out before he was born.
Post a Comment