GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

25 Weeks - Rutabaga Baby

Who really even knows what a rutabaga is!? Not me, that's for sure. Head to heels, Baby-Schaefy now measures about 13.5 inches long. Her weight - a pound and a half - isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. Her hair is probably recognizable now (in color and texture), although both may change after she's born.

Whenever I picture what she'll look like - I always think dark hair, because that's what I had. And whenever I think of what our little boys will look like, they're blonde like Ryan...go figure. Watch, she'll come out a redhead! Anything is possible...I love this picture of the baby sucking its thumb. So cute.

Oh, more names to add to the list of possibilities...Sadie Mae (I love it!), and Sophie. So my faves are Bella Marie & Sadie Mae...Ry likes Bella, Sadie, Clair, and Sophie. Oh, and Sadie is a spin-off nickname of Sarah and it means Princess in Hebrew - makes it even better, eh?!

5 comments:

MStevenson said...

So fun, It will go by fast now. I imagine her with dark hair too.

I bet she'll be little, but will grow to be chubby like her Mommy was when she was a baby.

B you had the cutest rolls on your legs. :)

You should post a pic of you and ry when you were babies.

robin said...

Middle name of Marie RAWKS!

;)

Anonymous said...

I like Sadie Mae too!

Barb said...

Aubrey - I love your site! But I couldn't see how to contact you besides email and didn't have time to yet. I'll get to it, I promise! So good to hear from you! What is Stacy's site?

Anonymous said...

i was just going to say, go for marie! :)

sadie mae makes me want to grab a hoe and get working on the farm.