I was able to watch the live press conference earlier today when the first presidency was announced. I love President Monson - I think he'll be a great prophet! I wasn't suprised that Elder Eyring was called. But I was suprised about Elder Uchtdorf! He's only been an apostle for 3.5 years and already he is in the first presidency. It will be so fun to get to know him better and I'm excited for him. I just can't even imagine the overwhelming feeling - as he put it "Joyfully Overwhelmed". I also think it is so neat that he is not from Utah, or even the U.S. - we truly are an international (universal - as stated in the news conference) church. These are inspired men. I love how right after it was announced - I already felt in my heart that it was perfect.
-


4 comments:
Very exciting stuff! :)
wow! i knew there was a press conference, but i didn't know about the presidency until now! that's so amazing the elder uctdorf is second counselor! cool! P.s. i know i spelled it wrong!
My day was so crazy today that I didn't even get to hear the announcement until the ten o' clock news. Thrilling!
Oh, my gosh, this has nothing to do with the post, but look how many days you have left until baby gets here.
thats crazy...she'll be here before you know it. !!!!
Post a Comment