GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

33 Weeks - Honeydew Melon Baby

Our little kicker-pants is doing good. She's still measuring big and there is no doubt her legs & arms are very strong. =) Hence the nickname, kicker-pants. She's a good little girl and very active. Since she is measuring big and there is a chance she will come early we've been trying to get things ready here and there...here are just a few of the highlights...

Putting together the travel system. We were both a little overzealous...Ry even started putting the base for the carseat in our car that night.

Where she will sleep at first. This bassinet has been in Ryan's family forever - his mom even slept in it when she was a baby. So it is a great family heirloom and we're excited to use it. Ry is in the process right now of fixing it up a little, making it a little more sturdy.

The quilt I just finished for her - matches her crib bedding. To be honest it was just a quilt panel I bought and had to sew binding onto, pretty easy. Now I just need to get the bumper done for her crib.

The pink camo blanket I just finished - her daddy picked out the material. She has to be tough - right?!

And her shoe collection...=) I'm such a sucker for shoes - poor Ryan thought he had it bad with my shoe obsession. I'm sure this trait will get passed on. Some of these I bought (great finds at the DI & Ross), others are from her aunties.

"Baby-Schaefy doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5.25 lbs (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug inside the womb, she isn't doing as many somersaults as before, but the number of times she kicks has remained the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete - she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight." - babycenter.com

9 comments:

BlondieBlueEyes said...

SO EXCITING!!!

I loved fetting everything ready for my babies. The Quilts are SO CUTE. I love the patches you put on it. Nice touch.

The shoes are so fun. I love shoes. She is going to be one stylish little girl.

Elicia said...

geeze! i might as well stop making that blanket for you! you totally showed me up with that one!

robin said...

Shoes?!? Way to start her early Barb! She'll be ruined before she's 3!

Just kidding! Those ARE very cute shoes.

Sorry Ryan - this is what it is like with little girls in the house. They play dress-up ALL the time. And you have to have a lot of clothes to play dress-up!

Barb - you should post a picture of all the cute dresses you have already bought. I'm SURE you have some! :)

We are all getting excited for you two!

Heidi said...

I too have TONS of shoes for baby girls AND baby boys. It is a disease.

Anonymous said...

I love baby shoes!!!

Stop at Target when you have a chance, they also have some really cute baby shoes.

One of Tess' first words was "shoe!" Taking her to Old Navy in the summer when they have that huge wall of flip flops was ridiculous. She would spend the whole trip pointing to the wall and squealing "Shoe! Shoe!"

Troy said...

Oh . . . My.

Looks like you'll be all set to go!

;)

MStevenson said...

welly might have two or three pairs he fits into right now...

so fun to put the base in the car and to get everything ready.

blankets look great...I'm proud of you! I just finished Welly's bumper a bit ago.

The bassinet looks comfy. The first few weeks I would nurse Welly in bed, then just lay him in his bouncy right next to my bed. Then I moved him to his bassinet/playpen thing...but I usually cuddled him in bed a lot. I didn't even put him in his crib to sleep through the night till he was like four months old.

Do you need to borrow my bouncy...let me know...

Anonymous said...

oh barb I am getting so excited for you! the end of pregnancy is so uncomfortable but the fact that you get to buy everything and set it all up makes it all better. we had our base in the car like 6 weeks early good thing she was 3 weeks early so we didn't look retarted for too long!

Heather said...

The blankets look beautiful! It;s never too soon to buckle in the car seat base, and I had so many shoes for Gracen, it was more than obscene. But she sure did look cute in all of her adorable shoes, so I see no problem with it! I can hardly believe it's so close, how exciting! I'm so glad to hear you are doing so great too, the end was the hardest part for me.