
The other day I was going through old boxes from my childhood and getting rid of things when I stumbled across my old collections. This amazingly large key collection and a box full of unsharpened pencils were once my prized possessions. Kids do funny things, eh? The keys - I just picked up here and there. And the pencils - well, they were all different and all special. One with the Hershey's logo on it even smelled like chocolate once upon a time. The pencils I kept - they're useful, but the keys I just took a picture of and threw away.
Ry collected more 'normal' and socially exceptable things...polished rocks and snow globes from trips. The polished rocks he got from his grandpa & grandma who owned a tumbler - so that's pretty cool. Did any of you have (or still have) strange collections? Do share.

Below are some links to other strange collections worth checking out...
6 comments:
mostly our house is full of star wars memorabilia and cows. and we have a serious problem with collecting stuff - example, if we start getting a series of books, we have to get all of them or it upsets us.
You through away the keys?!!!!? Ug!
I collected Porcelin dolls when I was young. NOW I don't know what to do with them. I collect projects with intentions of one day finishing them. Otherwise I am not much of a collector. I do love my Christmas village(by village I mean 6 buildings).
I like snow globes that would be a good thing to collect. They are so beautiful and peaceful.
Your key collection was a great one.
i collect sand. i only have sand from florida, finland, and hawaii. i haven't been to any of those places but it is so cool! hawaii's sand is so soft and nice! florida's looks like "normal" sand that you could find anywhere, but it still is so cool. I have a pen pal in finland that i was able to convince to sending me some sand. it's darker than most of the sand around here!
I used to be obssessed with horses, so I had a very large collection of horse books, figures, and pretty much anything horse related. Most of it is in storage, but I will probably have to sort through it someday, and see what I want to keep, and what should go. I sure did enjoy collecting it all though, it was fun, and I have a lot of great memories about most of that stuff.
Wow, your keys? Youre really growing up b. I had some stamps, and...Hmmm...I can't think of anything else...
Post a Comment