GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter = Spring

I love Easter for a few different reasons. Of course, I love it because we celebrate the resurrection and Christ's sacrifice for us. But on the more secular side of things - I love dyeing Easter eggs (and getting to eat them later...egg salad sandwiches and deviled eggs are the best). I love all the good chocolate treats that are out - Cadbury Eggs anyone? And to me, Easter is a definite sign that spring is coming and soon the 6 month Logan winter will be over! Thank goodness.

One of the things I love about spring are all the baby animals. Someday Ry and I want to have a good sized piece of land with some animals. We won't be 'farmers' as a means of income, but we both love the idea of having some land we could take care of and some animals. I'm more a country girl than I ever have been - and am slowly indoctrinating Ryan with country music here and there...I'll get him someday, along with those red cowgirl boots I want. =) But, he does look ridiculously good in a cowboy hat and likes the idea of a 'simple' life - somewhere safe to raise the kids. Anyway...

An annual tradition here in Cache Valley that I have yet to experience, and just might drag Ry to since it might be our last year here for awhile, is the American West Heritage Center Baby Animal Days. Baby Animal Days is technically for people with small children, and mostly for the small children. But I'm all about going, pregnant belly & all, elbowing the little ones out of the way so I can have a turn holding a baby goat. =) Sounds mature, right?! I've heard it's way fun and it's coming up...I'd even say if you're not a local, and have a small child, it would be worth the drive!


Happy Easter Weekend Everyone!!

5 comments:

Troy said...

I miss all the little lambs in CV this time of year :)

D'N'J said...

if you go to baby animal days, you have to tell me and i'll come too. i've always wanted to go but felt kind of stupid as i have no children. i just like baby things, okay?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Just make sure you pack the Purell, you are much more susceptible to nasty germy things when you're expecting.

CAF said...

I would totally go (you know me), but from what I understand it's a madhouse.

Anonymous said...

Baby Animals is coming to Macey's soon...I want to take Welly to that, he would love it.

mel