GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ladies: Laugh & Get Enraged All At Once...

This is hilarious. It is an article from 'Housekeeping Monthly' in 1955...'The Good Wife's Guide'. So glad I was born when I was, I couldn't have handled this era. I'm too much of an equalist to live this way. Just click the image to view it larger...

6 comments:

D'N'J said...

i think i saw this once somewhere. . . just don't get jeff started on the equality for women thing! not that he believes that stuff, he just really gets touchy mainly on the selective service stuff.

Troy said...

Fix me a sammach!!!

Elicia said...

wow! i don't mind doing things for someone you care about, but they way they sound makes me want to rebel against them!

Heidi said...

Hey! That's my list!

Heather said...

crazy!

robin said...

The thing is - if you talk to people in that generation, they were really like that. The father was out working all day, and the mother's job was to make home a heaven. Seemed to work for my parents and grandparents.

(Note to Jeff: You are a white heterosexual male - the entire world is against you.)