We had a great doctor's apt today! Things are progressing perfectly and little Baby-Schaefy is healthy and strong. I'm 1.5 cm dialated & 70% effaced (for those of you who don't know what that means - it just means things are good...). They strapped monitors on my stomach for a 20 minute stress test to see how the baby is handling things, and she did so good in the first 10 minutes that they were able to stop monitoring early. The way they do this is monitor her heart rate and try to stress her out with this loud buzzing thing. Her heart rate did go up at first because it startled her - but then she was fine.I found out my doctor is going on vacation in May for 3 weeks, which worried me a little. I didn't want just some random person to deliver my baby, especially with the potential risks due to my epilepsy. But he said he was already planning on inducing me early because of the seizure disorder - that way it's a more controlled situation and he can be there for sure if anything goes wrong. He said he would induce me May 5th, the Monday after Ryan graduates, IF the baby didn't come on her own before that. So we're very excited!! Ry's only worry now is that she'll come during finals week when he needs to be taking a test & he won't be able to focus. It'll all work out I'm sure.
Plus, the thought of a Cinco de Mayo baby and an excuse to have fiesta's and pinata's really makes me happy! =) "Baby-Schaefy has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when holding her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb." - babycenter.com

9 comments:
my goodness! i'm so excited!!
What a rude kid. She punched me today! (Tho I prolly deserved it -- with all that pokin!)
So exciting! Just a little more than two weeks time and she will be here! Wow!
wmangly
paper plates
more plastic cups
stock up on items for the fridge
assign meals to be brought in by family
double check the bag for the hospital
batteries for cameras
have car always above half a tank of gas
assign someone to buy a newspaper the day of
assign who should phone, to pass along the news
make a list of whom they should phone
have a small note book in the hospital bag
make list of "to do things" and notes in note book while in hospital
keep note book at bedside, hospital and at home
hair ties and clips
have My Mom answer the door, make food, rock while I shower, run errands, help with the house, and disappear when Ry is home
work on list of names
work on list of baby songs, practice
nursing pads
several new nightgowns
slippers
hand creams and lotions
box of quality tissues near bed
baby bath tub
oh my heavens.
My dad went out to dinner(spaghetti) the night I was born... that's how long my mom was in labor.
So EXCITING!!! It will be here in a FLASH. I am so glad your Dr. is prepared.
Leek baby sounds bad. Like your leaking. :)
I loved how Mark bought a whole bunch of paper products so we didn't have to do dishes.
I'm sure you'll have a ton of meals brought in...Plus I'll give you some of the meat I'll cook...that will make for easy meals.
I never thought about the gas thing...good thing the hospital isn't that far away.
People told us to bring a list of people to call too, but it just worked out on its own. I used what numbers were in my phone, cause lets face it, those who I wanted to talk to the most were already in my phone, and those who weren't and I didn't care to tell right away, just found out naturally, through good old family gossip.
Notebook in the bag, I know I didn't have anything to write. Plus I'm sure there's paper there if you really need it. You mostly sleep and nurse the baby the whole time. Oh, and watch a lot of tv!
hair ties and clips is a good idea.
Wow, sounds like Mom thinks you need work on your baby names. I'm sure you have some picked out, and when you see her, you'll know. We named Wellington right before his grandparents came to visit....I thought, gosh I guess we should name him.
You've already got some nursing pads....your set.
Nightgowns....I guess.. I'm not much of a nightgown person, unless you have a c-section, comfy jammy pants will probably be fine...or your big robe. We're talking about home right. Cause at the hospital they have the gown you can wear...easy access for nursing. I know Heather takes her own cute thing...I just never cared enough.
I never used slippers in the hospital, I never got up from my bed, except to go to the bathroom, and socks were fine.
I think Mom thinks you have dry skin....I think just take what you think you really need, and you live close enough where if you think of something else you need you can have Ryan or someone else get it...
And the baby bathtub...I guess you could get one...the first while though you just give them sponge baths...then I just used a little mesh thing you can put in the tub...Anyway...that's all. I mostly just wanted to write a longer comment than Mom, did I win?
Melly wins!! =)
Post a Comment