June 4th - what a great day. Hope everyone is enjoying it! On this day in history...780 BC - The first recorded solar eclipse occurs in China.
1783 - The Montgolfier brothers publicly demonstrate their montgolfiere (hot air balloon)
1876 - An express train called the Transcontinental Express arrives in San Fransisco, via the first transcontinental railroad, only 83 hrs and 39 min after having left NYC.
1912 - Massachusetts becomes the first state of the U.S. to set a minimum wage.
1917 - The very first Pulitzer Prizes are awarded.
1919 - U.S. Congress approves the 19th Amendment, which guaranteed suffrage to women.
1973 - Patent for the ATM granted.
Famous People Born on June 4th - Charles Dickinson, Noah Wyle, Troy D. and Angelina Jolie.
June 4th is Tonga's National Day and Finland's National Flag Day.
Sure hope everyone is enjoying their June 4th!! Especially those having birthday's that I'm not supposed to mention...haha. I tried. Love you Troy! You're a great brother and a great example! And so much fun. And I promise I will try not to mention your birthday ever again...please don't put me on your black list. =)

4 comments:
Uber subversive!!
you share with angelina jolie? i'm so sorry. :)
I love the puppy! That is EXACTLY how Troy looks when I try to get him to wear a birthday hat!
More like still on the photoshop list, just higher up.
Thanks Barb!
Post a Comment