So apparently I'm sick. The quick strep test came back negative - but the doctor said she still wanted to treat me because it looked like strep. Started with a fever, headache, muscle aches, sore throat - the works. And magically Sadie isn't sick yet. I really hope she doesn't get sick...that would be just about the saddest thing. So my mom has been coming over to give her lots of cuddle time while Ry is at work because I'm trying to keep my sicky germs away from her as much as possible.
Meanwhile - we found something that calms Sadie whenever she is fussy. Music. She LOVES it! But not all genres do the trick. Her favorite is classical - it instantly stops the crying and she just listens intently. It's real cute. And her favorite songs for me to sing to her are Summertime, Our Saviors Love, O Come All Ye Faithful, and A Child's Prayer - in that order. The child is particular. During my last trimester I'd take lunch to Ry and listen to NPR's classical while driving around town. I'd always turn it up so Sadie could hear it - I think that's why she loves classical so much. Plus she has nerdy previous band-geek parents. Poor kid. =)
Meanwhile - we found something that calms Sadie whenever she is fussy. Music. She LOVES it! But not all genres do the trick. Her favorite is classical - it instantly stops the crying and she just listens intently. It's real cute. And her favorite songs for me to sing to her are Summertime, Our Saviors Love, O Come All Ye Faithful, and A Child's Prayer - in that order. The child is particular. During my last trimester I'd take lunch to Ry and listen to NPR's classical while driving around town. I'd always turn it up so Sadie could hear it - I think that's why she loves classical so much. Plus she has nerdy previous band-geek parents. Poor kid. =)

13 comments:
too cute. probably just gas though :)
hee.
The same thing worked for Dianna, but it was heavy metal that she liked. :)
That's such a fun video. Kid's got good taste in music.
tooo cute! barbados. you guys are great. i love your fun little family and house and cute baby!
that's so sweet! now i have to see her!
by the way, i just have 1 more panel to finish for her baby blanket. hope she's not growing to fast! i think i'll just have to come out and visit her!.. along with everyone else! i miss you all!
The magic of breastfeeding! It's really uncommon for the baby to get what ever you have since your body produces antibodies that end up in your milk...it's like free antibiotics. Though I wouldn't skimp on the hand washing.
what can i say, i'm a child of the 80s.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cute! ;)
That is so cute. I love it. Thanks for uploading that. It was so fun to see her. And Elicia it would be so fun to see you. We miss all of you, Robin and Troy and Ben.
I love her so much.
oh she is so cute!
I love this video! And you both are definately the very opposites of geeks- I love you both tons!! (Ryan is smelly, but I've tried real hard to move on...)
I hope I can see your family sometime soon!
That was way too cute. You are GREAT parents.
Post a Comment