GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thank You Pioneers!

This year I've really gotten into the pioneer spirit as the 24th has drawn closer, and I've really had a strong desire to do genealogy. I've been reading D&C daily, watched Legacy last Sunday and bawled my eyes out, started indexing online (getting names ready for the temple), and am starting to read a book written about one of my ancestors. All I can say is - wow! What sacrifices the pioneers made to bring us the joys & freedom we have today. Such strong spirits they were to go through such heartaches with their heads held high. What a great example. Here are a couple of short videos about their epic journey to help get you in the mood too. Happy 24th everyone!





2 comments:

Troy said...

We miss pioneer day! No fun when you live out of state!

Anonymous said...

Nice post! Hooray for the pioneers! I'm so excited to add you to the people that I blog- stalk every morning. Let's have a mommy play date SOON! :)