I know it's been a couple of weeks since I've done a Fat Friday post. Just lost my motivation, or time for it, something. First...I'm embarrassed to admit it - but I watched Oprah at 1 in the morning while feeding Sadie (there was nothing else on, I swear). They were discussing this book called 'You Staying Young' & this doctor she had on had some really great simple ideas of how to improve your lifestyle & be healthier. So now I want the book of course. And you can visit their site to get your
RealAge Test done. I was a little worried doing mine because I don't think I'm in that great of shape - but turns out my real age is 16.1 - awesome! So I live a pretty healthy lifestyle. I really like the results because it explains why you got the score & what you can do in your life to improve it.

Those of you who really spend a lot of time with me know that I have a really bad habit - I think I need dessert after almost every meal, pathetic. So for the entire month of August I am not going to have any refined sugary sweets. No sugar at all - with a few exceptions - yogurt, juice (but only a little), and things like ketchup. But - no brownies, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, and my favorite of all - no cheesecake. Ry says he'll believe it when he sees it, no faith. My sister-in-law is doing it with me & if we make it without slipping up - we get to treat ourselves at a fancy Day Spa in SLC. Anyone else want to join in the "fun"? =)
3 comments:
GOOD for you!! I wish I had the will power to join you but the giant tub of homemade cookie dough in the fridge is just too strong a temptation today. Think of me when you are lounging in the spa. I am sure you will make it. I have faith in you.
I want to. I want to. I want to. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. Next week. Next week. Next week.
I got 15 and jeff got 15.7. i think it's a little skewed because I didn't know some things, like cholesterol and heart rate. plus i wasn't sure about some of the exercising, work is pretty vigorous but not as much as they might have thought from my answers... but i thought i'd be much worse, i don't eat very well!
Post a Comment