GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Friday, August 08, 2008

Fat Friday - Sweet Nectar of Life

One week without any processed sugary goods and I'm actually a bit surprised at how it's been going. I've been doing really good - not tempted at all by the ice cream in the freezer like I thought I'd be, and only slightly tempted by the cookies in the cupboard. But most of all, more than anything, I just want a tall frosty mug of cold root beer. Oh root beer, how I miss you. I don't miss chocolate like I thought I would, just root beer. Who knew!? Strange. Also, I'm allergic to aspertame (an artificial sweetener in most diet products) - any suggestions for a 'sweet treat' that doesn't have sugar or aspertame? I know, it's asking a lot. Here is one everyone would like...

Fruit Smoothie

- Frozen/Fresh Fruit of your choice
- Ice
- Nonfat Plain Yogurt

Just blend it all up!

Oh, and Happy 8/8/8! And yeah for the Olympics - good luck to the athletes with all that smoggy polution.

5 comments:

josh and karah said...

no sugar at all! I wish I could be like you. Seriously. If I come across any non-sweet sweets I will let you know.

D'N'J said...

ooooooh, i LOVE aspartame. i know, cancer, blah blah blah. but when i worked at hogi yogi i just developed a love for that weird almost bittery taste of it in the diet pepsi. Which was probably more healthy for me anyway. as far as sweet treats without sugar. . . hmm. that's really hard. I was going to say I really like those sweet water drinks that are sugar free, but then i thought maybe they had aspartame.

CAF said...

Oh I don't think I told you -- love the new blog look. Cute and cute.

robin said...

I went off all sugar for a while - didn't even want it after the initial craving. I didn't like diet soda either - it was too sweet! I was just drinking water. Sure wish I had kept that up!

Troy said...

You can send all the sugar that you don't want my way!