GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, October 06, 2008

Front Runner Date Night

Ever since we got married Ry & I have made it a priority to have Friday Night Date Night every week. It doesn't always have to be elaborate - at times it meant getting an ice cream cone and studying together at the library on campus. It almost always means we don't cook dinner & we just spend time together. For the last 5 months we've had a tag-a-long in the form of a little pink thing that cries. =) A few weeks ago we had a "Front Runner Date Night". We rode the train to SLC & spent the evening down there. It was way fun - even though we had to stop to feed Sadie, and change her clothes after a blowout. But the train sure was fun!
Making date night a priority has been such a great thing for our marriage - it always helps us to refocus our attention on each other & forget about the worries of the world for a night.

8 comments:

robin said...

See, now, if I was in Utah - I would be ever so happy to babysit on date night!

But I'm here instead . . . :(

Barb said...

Move back! Ry says you can live down the street...=)

D'N'J said...

uh, guys, she's gigantic. whahappen??

:) guess you've been away longer than i thought.

CAF said...

I like to pinch her thighs.

Troy said...

Train ride! Fun!

Bobbie said...

I love how she is looking out the window and smiling. And the picture at Temple Sq. is awesome!

Its a pink thing that cries and smiles, AWESOME

Melissa said...

She is so cute!

MStevenson said...

Cute! I'm glad you guys are doing date night. So hard to make it a priority for us. Sadie looked like she liked the train a lot. Cute pics of her.
Hey Barb, you look hot.
:)