GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Friday, October 03, 2008

Hallelujah!

I don't know how the rest of you feel - but conference could not come soon enough! Six months is almost too long for me. By this time, my spiritual tank definitely needs a refill. I love General Conference. I love the Spirit I feel when listening to the words of the Lords servants. I love the burst of motivation it gives me to be a little better and try a little harder everyday. I love re-reading the talks in the Ensign and letting the words bolster my spirit again. I love the burning of testimony I feel when I can sustain the leaders of the church - what a privilege. Most of all I love the knowledge that the Gospel gives me - the plain and simple truths, uncorrupted and straight forward, there is no denying it. I know the Gospel is true.

Ryan & I had a talk the other day about what kind of people we would be if we didn't have the Gospel in our lives...after laughing about some of the senarios we put ourselves in - it was easy for me to realize that without the Gospel I would be nothing. It makes me a better person, a better mom, a better wife, a better friend. It gives me strength to get through the hard things in this world, and when I don't have enough strength on my own to endure the hardships of mortality or my own weaknesses - I feel blessed beyond measure to know that I can lean on the Lord, and He will never give up on me. He knows what I am capable of - just as He knows what each of you are capable of.

Please take the time to watch conference - and if you miss it, you can always read/listen/watch it online. And if any of you girls missed the General Relief Society broadcast - you can watch it online as well, so good! Take the time.

5 comments:

robin said...

With the things we are having to deal with each day, and the political unrest in the entire world, we need to listen to our Prophet and the Apostles even more!

I love that you can download the audio - I can listen in the car, or at work, or at home and be doing other things as well. It seems easier for me to do this than sit down and read the Ensign.

Listen to Conference! Enjoy the spirit and comfort it brings!

MStevenson said...

hey another post alright! I think without the gospel, you would be a mean drunk. No, I don't really believe that, you have a sweet personality and having the spirit just adds to that personality.

Youre cute.

Troy said...

Mean drunk? No, Barb would be one of those "hey . . . can i . . . hey, comeoverhere. can I tell you sompin'? . . . I love you man!" drunks.


Nice post barb! ;)

robin said...

AWWWW! Elder Wirthlin is just the sweetest man EVER! If you didn't get a chance to see his talk, go GET it and WATCH it! It was the best ever. I love conference!

D'N'J said...

i tried and tried to remember it and i still forgot it. good thing dad reminded me! i nearly missed some good stuff.