GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blogging Break

Seems like everyone has been taking a break from blogging lately - myself included. Maybe it's a lack of exciting things happening, or too much going on - I'm not quite sure. Either way I was just sick of that video being at the top of my blog. And I really don't have a whole lot to say - so here is one of my favorite pictures of Sadie - such a happy girl. And she looks so blond in this picture, crazy...
One thing I have been thinking about lately is people, and how poorly we all treat each other sometimes. And most of the time I think it's all due to thoughtlessness. It's not big things, it's small things. Reaching out to one another, putting other people before ourselves. Or just putting ourselves in someone else's shoes to really try and understand how they feel about something. And our words - oh what a big effect they can have on those around us - for good or bad. So, that is my thought for the day. Watch what you do & say - you'd be surprised how much you can hurt or help someone in small ways.

8 comments:

Nicole Anderson Photography said...

Barbara- hey this is Nicole, Daryl's wife- have you two moved down by Clearfield? We'd love to have you over sometime. email me let us know- nicolec91@hotmail.com

MStevenson said...

Hmmm...something to think about, I felt awfully guilty reading this post.

:)

thanks for the reminder b.

and i love that pic too...so cute.

Hey Nicole!

Bobbie said...

I need a hug from that little Sadie! I miss her already.

And I miss her parents too.

Good Sunday thought B, I agree with you.

Hey, Hi Nicole, can I write to you too?

Love,
Bobbie

D'N'J said...

mm, plastic food!

i always remember when i worked at hogi yogi and how much it meant to me when people were friendly toward me, because I was serving them. so i always try to be kind to those serving me.

and then i have the opposite - jeff and i went to taco bell one day and the guy at the counter was just so rude to us that we haven't been back in about 6 months, so that reminds me again how nice it is to be treated kindly, or people will stop eating tacos.

Amanda Petersen said...

no break!! i liked your thought though. especially w/ the holidays coming... it's a great time of year, i hope that peace really does abound more than it has in the past-- the world sure needs it. miss you friend!

CAF said...

I want to pinch that kid's cheeks! I think I will next time I see her!

Troy said...

Cute pic. Where was she at the time? Looks like fun.

Barb said...

Mel - It wasn't said to make anyone feel guilty - in fact the thoughts were spurred by people who don't even read my blog, at least not very often. =)

Troy - at the mall playing with Welly. They have these weird spongey toys for the kids that are in the shape of food - so she was on a gigantic ice cream sandwich at the time.