
Paul & KatieWhile enjoying our food one of the owners/managers/someone who belonged there was walking past the table, spotted Sadie, came over & swooped her off Ryan's lap & without saying a word turned and left...what!? My baby! No! Thoughts of an unmarked white truck waiting behind the restaurant through the kitchen to take babies away and sell them in foreign countries ran through my mind...before we had a chance to react she stopped by the front counter to show her sister/cousin/friend the baby. Across the tables she yells "How Old?" We tell her. I'm trying not to panic still & getting after Ryan to go get her all the while hoping Sadie will start crying soon...but not soon enough. One of the ladies stuck her fingers in Sadie's mouth. Who are these people!? Stealing babies & then letting them suck on your soy sauce stained fingers!?
Then she started to cry...Ry retrieved the little one & we continued on with our food. But amidst all the trauma - I thought to take a picture for blogging reasons. You know you're a serious blogger when your child is kidnapped & you pick up the camera...pathetic. If you look real close in the above picture you can see Sadie in her orange shirt surrounded by cooeing Chinese ladies.
Thanks for the fun night Chinese lady at Shanghai Cafe!
We were going to dress up after and go trick-or-treat at Grandma & Grandpa's house - but Sadie didn't make it. She got super grumpy & so we never got in our costumes. But for those of you who still care to know - we were going to be 1920's gangsters with the pinstripes & tommy guns...it would have been fun!
Then she started to cry...Ry retrieved the little one & we continued on with our food. But amidst all the trauma - I thought to take a picture for blogging reasons. You know you're a serious blogger when your child is kidnapped & you pick up the camera...pathetic. If you look real close in the above picture you can see Sadie in her orange shirt surrounded by cooeing Chinese ladies.Thanks for the fun night Chinese lady at Shanghai Cafe!
We were going to dress up after and go trick-or-treat at Grandma & Grandpa's house - but Sadie didn't make it. She got super grumpy & so we never got in our costumes. But for those of you who still care to know - we were going to be 1920's gangsters with the pinstripes & tommy guns...it would have been fun!


10 comments:
What? Who are these people?! That would disturb me.
Maybe you can go have a family portrait done in your costumes. To commemorate the Halloween that never quite was.
bonnie and clyde! I win.
Why did they just take your baby? i'd have been all over them. that's just too weird.
ps i love your orange shirt. too cute.
"soy sauce stained fingers" haha I love it! Really what we should have had was a picture of your face when she took Sadie... priceless!
WOW! I would be freaking out! Sadie sure looked cute though. Why is it that when it comes to babies no one knows what personal space is? Just because they can't voice it, doesn't mean they don't have it!
I was in the salon waiting to get my hair done one day when addison was like four months old and someone came and asked if they could hold her. And then there little boy who was like three kissed her on the lips, then sneezed!!! What do you do? I played it cool, but inside I was freakin' out! Seriously some people.
How much do you think you could have gotten for her?
Just wondering :)
Oh, am I allowed in here?
i would have jumped up and ran after them myself! i wouldn't wait for my husband to do it! i would probably be screaming at them to. so i'm glad i wasn't there. i think you two should get a pic of the costumes, just so we can see!
I was in a retail clothing store with Troy when he was about 3 months old. This total stranger asked to hold him, I said no. So, then she said, can I kiss him? No! Where do these people come from?
O my! i don't know what I'd do either! Good thing she started crying, that is so bizzare! ps, I tagged you, so c'mon and post your tag!
Post a Comment