Okay, I'm not gonna lie - kind of a snooze-fest. I'm glad I read it because it is a classic, but maybe I'm just not cutout for these slow paced romance novels. It didn't really grip me until near the end. And it did have some very good parts...the love letter. So sweet, maybe I teared up a little. But that doesn't say a whole lot - ever since I had Sadie I cry at everything...even commercials. We just saw Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler and I cried in it 4 times. It was a clean book though! However, I am excited to watch the movie, I've heard it's way good. So this weekend as a reward for getting through the book I will be watching the movie.So today I went to the library with a list of 6 books in hand. After looking them up, only one was available to checkout...the dreaded Harry Potter #1...I've avoided & refused reading this for years. I just couldn't bring myself to jump on the bandwagon. But alas, I have succumbed. So here goes...

9 comments:
my advice for the harry potter deal is really to give it the benefit of a doubt for the first book (and possibly the second) i HATED the first two, they were really tough on me to get through. i felt like i was being talked down to like a child.
after that, i couldn't read the others fast enough. :)
so, are the harry potter movies up for review by you as well? (they aren't nearly as good as the books!)
i have only read the first one, harry potter. and that was in 4th grade! so it was definately focused on little kids. i like the movies though! once i finish all the books on my book shelf that i haven't read yet maybe i'll read the harry potters. although i know what happens in the last book, so i'm not sure i want to read that one. :)
I'm so proud of you for reading Persuasion. I love Jane Austen, but I have to admit that I started Persuasion and couldn't finish it. It was a snoozer for me. A classic (and you know I love classics), but a snoozer. Maybe I'll have to try to read it again. Yeah for Harry Potter! I refused to read these for awhile too, but I read one and was hooked. They are kids books, but a fun read for adults too. I just think that J.K. Rowling has an amazing imagination.
I love Harry Potter. You have a devoted fan right here. I didn't care for Persuasion. I like most of Jane Austen books though.
Barbara. I started the first harry potter book three times I think before I actually got into it. But if you allow yourself the time, you will love them. I have yet to meet someone who doesn't. By the last book you will feel like they are friends of yours and you will be left with a void after its all over! hum...
Barbara, here's your invite to the Sisters Gelder's book club site. http://sgbookclub.blogspot.com/. I picked the book for this month. It is one that I love. I know that you are not really into the book clubs, but you are invited to join if you would like. The book I chose was "The Hiding Place," by Corrie Ten Boom. It is based on a true story about the author during WWII who had to cope with life in a concentration camp, and her faith that got her through. This book is full of amazing lessons about how to make the best out of life, be thankful for what we have been given, and never, ever lose faith no mater what happens. It's amazing! When I'm feeling a little low, I pick up this book to remind me to be grateful for the things in my life that are good.
Girly.
We will probably read the H.P. series when Wellington is older. It would be fun to read to him.
Barbara, I've never read the book, but the movie is great! Also...Teresa mentioned the Hiding Place...again, never read the book, but the movie was so moving. I'm sure the book would be super amazing!
I'm sorry you didn't love it, but you'll like the movie more!
So, I checked out your Etsy thing. You're going to have to show me how to make your flower clips or else I might go broke buying up all of yours!!!
Love you!!!
Post a Comment