GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Lessons From The Past

The Economy - who hasn't been thinking about our nations current situation? It's scary. Obama has been giving a lot of speeches - but don't let his eloquence lull you into a state of naivety. He sounds like he knows what he's doing & that things will be just great. He'll take care of you, and your family. Oh, and health care - don't worry about that. He's got that covered. Along with your child's schooling from preschool to higher education...ridiculous. People, we are headed toward socialism which is the first step towards communism! Seriously. I don't want the 'nanny state' paying for my health care or my children's education, or my mortgage! Confused? Watch this...



So, there is a problem. But, we don't have to be totally fearful. I don't really have a lot of faith in our government right now - but I do have faith in the Gospel. I know it's true. I know the Prophets & Apostles have been giving us counsel on food storage, saving for a rainy day, getting out of debt, etc for years!

I hope things will get better, but someday they won't. There is a pattern outlined in the Book of Mormon that we can learn from - a society only thrives when heeding the Lords commandments - then they get wicked, disobey, and things go south. Obviously the country we live in is starting to let things slide - we have wicked politicians, morality is out the window, gay marriage is a-okay, and the list goes on. So, someday the government of this nation will fail - but we individually and as families can stand strong.

I refuse to live in fear of hard times - but I will be clipping coupons and stocking up on potato pearls. =)

6 comments:

Bobbie said...

Today, I bought a bunch of canned goods and re-arranged my whole pantry. It isn't a years worth by any measure, but it feels good to be headed in the right direction. Prayer and reading the scriptures, etc, will help you know that your are also stocking up on help from on high. That makes you feel good too.

I had to give up watching so much news. Too depressing. Instead, I watch some. And later, I turn to the BYU station for a heavy dose of comfort. What would we ever do without the gospel in hard times. No matter what the hard times are or when they come.

Barb, you GO GIRL. Good post!

Troy said...

I know that when the budget is tight and I'm out of money the first thing I do to make things better is go out and spend more money that I don't have. It always works!!!

Just think. The big O has been in office a little over two months and he's managed to do so much damage. Just think what he can do with the other 46 months he's got left.

Elicia said...

rice all the way!

D'N'J said...

i must just not have the written charisma that you do, barb.

MStevenson said...

So important to protect our families financially, spiritually, and see that basic needs are being met.

Mom and Dad have set a good example when it comes to paying tithing. They always pay it first thing, even if things are tight.

We need to work on our food storage. I always feel like I can't cause there is no where to put it, but there is a girl in my cul-de-sac, I went over to her house one day and there in her living room were 6 or 7 huge buckets of wheat ect. I asked her where in the world she was going to put all those. She said they make furniture out of her food storage, they are also using part of their garage space for it, so when the time comes they'll will be prepared but us, well our garage is full of arcades. :)

Barb said...

At least you'll have fun while you starve Mel!! =) I'm right there with you - I don't have anything. We really need to work on our food storage.