GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Friday, March 13, 2009

temple & pie

Last night we went to the Draper Temple Open House with Ry's family - it was great. It was way too late for Sadie, but we pushed it anyway. She was grumpy before, but really good in the temple. She waved & smiled at all the pictures of Christ & at most of the ushers. She was even pretty reverent!

My favorite part was when she wanted to get down and walk - so there she was holding hands with mommy and daddy walking in the temple. Wish I could've taken a picture - it is something I will never forget.

She also enjoyed the bus ride to the temple and back - and eating the brochures of course.

And for Guinea Pig Thursday we had Lucky Lime Pie - Ry wanted to try a new dessert. The guinea pigs - us, Ry's parents, and sister Teresa. Everyone enjoyed it. Ry & Teresa gave a thumbs up. I think it's the best lime pie recipe I've ever tried - light and fluffy, and super easy. I'll definitely be making it again. (it's lucky for st. patrick's day)

5 comments:

D'N'J said...

Lime pie!! drooool.

Bobbie said...

I am so glad you all made it to the open house. I am surprised that she was so good that late at night, for the trip. How wonderful you could walk together in the temple.

And....

Can you send the recipe for pie to me? Yum.

MStevenson said...

Yummy brochures and yummy pies.

Fun temple time!

Marie said...

Wow I can't believe the temple is done now. What fun memories with Sadie. Since the temple is all about families, I can imagine how neat it was to share it with her. I miss her!!! Oh, and you guys too!

Teresa said...

Mmmmm! Pie! So yummy. Thank you for sharing. It was so good. It was great to have you guys at the temple open house with us. I was amazed at how good Sadie was. It's like she knew what a special place that was. The car ride home not so fun. :o) Just kidding. She wasn't that bad. I'm glad that you came!