GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Friday, April 17, 2009

moonlight serenade

Last night Ry & I attended Moonlight Serenade at our high school (a production put on for members of the community so the band can raise money). Our senior year both of us were in it - Ry in the jazz band & I was a jazz singer. That's the year we started dating & the songs I wasn't singing, Ry would switch out with another trombone and come dance with me. This was our first time back since then & it was great! The sentimental factor alone made the night well worth it. And the prime rib - amazing! We danced like crazy and had a great time! Our old band teacher even pointed us out and said - "You gotta be careful - these two were a band romance! Haha". Pretty fun. And a good excuse to dress up is always fun! Did I mention my mom babysat and it was the first night we weren't there to do tubby time and put Sadie to bed?! Wow. What a great break!!

reenacting our awkward picture from our first dance
more of us - isn't he hot!?
we went with Ry's parents - it was way fun
Ry even got to play with the band for a few songs with the other alumni that were there - "swapping spit" was going to be the title of this post, but he didn't like that much...
Thanks again for watching Sadie mom!

**2 NEW POSTS IN ONE DAY...KEEP SCROLLING**

9 comments:

The Kippen House said...

What fun! You looked absolutely fabulous, your dress is amazing, your hair is perfect, and yes...he looks very handsome! I can't believe how little he looked in your old picture, so funny! Glad you had some fun and yeah for romance!!!

Jeff said...

ahaha! look at you guys! you're just little! i think i remember seeing a video one time of it and it looks like a blast!

oh sure, don't ask US to babysit . . . hee. :)

Dianna

Ruth Done said...

I married a DHS trombone player too! You look absolutely beautiful!

CAF said...

that pic re-enactment is hilarious. you guys are looking hottttt!!

Troy said...

Crazy. 2001 was yesterday for us old people. Fun stuff.

MStevenson said...

First of all, that younger picture of you two is so cute/funny. Yah, funny, I said it. B-eyebrows?...R-we're all so happy you don't look eternally 14 anymore.

Wow, I'm a jerk. But really your so cute then and now. And so glad you two ended up together.

B-they didn't let you sing?
R-I think that's really cool you got to play, I was wondering if you could still play?

Wow, this is all coming out really wrong, I sound like a jerk. Ryan can we still be friends?

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I LOVE SEEING THOSE PICS SIDE BY SIDE! awesome! I love your black dress-- seeeeeexy!

KimWar said...

Barb you are one of those lucky women who gets prettier over time. You look fabulous in that picture, your figure is great after having Sadie and you definitely are prettier now than before! I mean that as a true complement!
Kim

huston said...

barb you look amazing i think it is so cool you guys have been together so long next months marks 4 years that ry and i have known each other