GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Monday, May 11, 2009

backpack+pearls+pictures

I've been such a slacker - no posts, nothing exciting to read, and no guinea pig thursday. We've just been so busy the past couple weeks! Now it's catch up time...first, Ry gave me a backpacking backpack + sleeping bag for Mother's Day & Sadie gave me a rose - plus hilarious homemade cards from both of them. I have the best husband...no argument, he rocks! We're already planning our first backpacking trip - so excited!
On Saturday I road-tripped it to Provo with 2 of my sister-in-law's to get the free pearls I posted about - so worth the trip. We had to wait in line because it was a Saturday, and the day before Mother's Day, and the deal had been on the news the night before...but we had so much fun! A long car ride & a long wait makes for 3 slap-happy girls! I left Sadie with Ry - so it was a nice little break. Now where are my white gloves & feather boa...
And on Friday we did family pictures with my family & then some with just the 3 of us. My sis Mel took them & did such a great job - she had a lot of fun ideas, not traditional poses, which I love! Thanks Melly! Here are just a few highlights...







8 comments:

The Kippen House said...

Love the pic's! Mel: If you see this I think you're amazing!!!

Yeah for family, and yeah for pictures :) Sadie is SOOO sweet! I miss you so much!!!

Elicia said...

those pictures are really great! i'm glad you got to have a break!

Amanda Petersen said...

so cute!! i love them:) such a great fam you have.

bados-- you're SO TINY!! holy cow woman!

Laura Howard said...

What cute pictures! I think it's cool that Ryan got you a backpack for Mother's Day! Where are you guys planning on going backpacking?

Marie said...

Oh my heck, thos pics are cute!! When can she do our family photos...:-)

Troy said...

Nice pics!

CAF said...

That's a serious backpack, B.

Mel is always putting babies in alleys.

MStevenson said...

those are pretty pearls. That backpack is serious. You could pack your stuff and my stuff too.

Taking picture is fun but I've decided it's hard with lots of people. It's much easier to boss less people around....