GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Sunday, June 14, 2009

la hacienda surprise

Ry took me on a surprise get-a-way last Wednesday that he'd been planning for awhile. He even packed everything. He arranged for my mom to take care of Sadie. He was keeping this secret so good - he hadn't even told my mom where we were going to be. And he kept telling me we were going camping...super romantic. He did slip up and tell me he needed to call and reserve it...hmm...some campsite. Then he told me he got an even better deal through work than he was expecting so we could afford 2 nights! Hmm...so I knew it was close to my parents & that it was pretty pricey if we could only afford 2 nights at a super discount - so I had it narrowed down to 2 places, but was going to keep asking about the campsite anyway.

I always guess what my surprises are and it drives him nuts, so I didn't want to let on that I had a pretty good idea. Then one day while eating lunch in the car he was telling me - "I'm just going to talk to Stacy (his boss) today and tell her - 'Look, I've got to leave early on Wednesday because I'm taking my wife to The Anniversary Inn'..." Oops. Haha. So then I knew for sure. And even though I knew, he was still trying to throw me off - tell me it was somewhere else & blindfolded me in the car, then proceeded to drive all over cache valley to confuse me. It was perfect - this was our first get away in 2 years! And much needed relaxation time! Our rooms were amazing, the breakfast was super good, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone!
I loved that we were so close to my parents too - first time away from Sadie for more than 8 hours, it made it easier knowing we were right there if she needed us. My mom did great though - thanks mom!
The first night we stayed in the La Hacienda room - our fav - so pretty! And Ry brought a movie to go with our spanish theme - All The Pretty Horses - the movie was just okay. But it was fun to watch something that went with the atmosphere! He packed a bunch of cd's and even my yoga DVD, since my latest obsession is yoga daily - super thoughtful.
{click to enlarge}
The next day we just goofed off around the valley - ate at our favorite place - Mandarin Garden...Tiny Spicy Chicken...mmm. Saw the new Star Trek - which - for those of you who know me well...yes, I did agree to watching this while sober. Weird, I know. But it wasn't that bad! I'd even say I... ::gulp:: liked it. Went off roading up the canyon and got our SUV nice and muddy.
Then we switched rooms and stayed in the Arabian Nights room. This room was nice, but not nearly as large and fancy as the La Hacienda was. That night we watched the newer version of Arabian Nights. Way fun flick! Then Ry pulled out a fancy dress & his suit - we got dressed up and headed off. I had no idea where we were going. He put on a CD of our wedding reception music and we parked on a road overlooking the valley and danced outside of our car. This is something we did on our 2nd anniversary - same location, dress, and music. He is pretty much the best!
{click to enlarge}
It was such a great mini vacation! And Ry did such a great job making it special & romantic! Thanks again mom for watching our little girl. Icing on the cake - Sadie got so super excited when we picked her up!! Huge smile, squeals, hug around my neck, lots of kisses. Best ever!

8 comments:

D'N'J said...

um, you like star trek but could hardly stomach star wars?? we need a talk about that one ;)

jeff and i always enjoy our stay at the anniversary inn. too bad it's pretty expensive or i'd probably stay there a LOT more often.

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

hooray for vacations! ;) sounds fun!

Amanda Petersen said...

how fun!! i'm so glad you guys had a good time away:)

Melissa said...

spoiled! I am pretty sure i will never be the receipient of a surprise with my honey! lucky girl!! sounds fun.

BlondieBlueEyes said...

I am so HAPPY for you. Sounds like SO much fun. Great Hubby and MOM.

Jeff said...

oh sure, don't leave sadie with us! :) just kidding. grandma is the best baby sitter.

Bobbie said...

Grandma got the best part of the deal, time with Sadie! Thank you Barb and Ry. And thank you Sadie for being such a good girl. Not a problem the whole time. Lets do it again!

Marie said...

Please tell Ryan thank you for planning this super romantic getaway so that I can live vicariously through you :-) And PS Tiny Spicy Chicken IS the best.