I went running as soon as Ry got home today. Nice weather. Not too hot. Headed into a neighborhood behind our apartment complex where the road slopes up a little - nothing I can't handle, especially at the beginning of my run.As soon as I hit the hill and started climbing this amazingly strong wind picked up and was coming at me head on. It didn't let up. I was exerting ridiculous amounts of energy to conquer this hill in the wind. I got to the top and thought I'd change direction just so I didn't have a head wind. As soon as I headed down that road - the wind changed and was once again - blowing the wrong direction. What!? So, I changed directions again. And again, it changed directions. Are you kidding me!? I must be cursed. Or the wind is teasing me. By this time I am exhausted and no matter what direction I turn the wind changes to make my run more difficult.
This is life. We will always be headed down a road - and Satan will always make sure we have a head wind to slow us down - especially if we're climbing a hill, trying to get to the top. To get to the top while running, I needed the right shoes and lots of previous practice so I could be in shape enough to handle it. In life we need the right equipment and exercise too. If I miss a week of running - the next time I go I can tell the difference. It's like starting all over.
In life we have to be consistently exercising as well, so when the hills come we're ready. Daily prayer, scripture study, family home evening, regular church and temple attendance. We can't miss these things or we won't be able to climb our hills. So exercise your faith and don't let up!
Who knew running could give me a little spiritual boost today!? When I got home I started to tell Ry this story. And he told me on his mission when they were riding their bikes the wind would always be a head wind - no matter which direction they turned while riding, the wind would shift and make it harder for them...coincidence? Just something to think about.

6 comments:
Not a coincidence. But is the wind an adversary or an asset?
Does what makes you work harder, or be smarter, or be more sure of your efforts, your choices, be friend or foe?
Sometimes, its not the variety of choices that gives you direction, but the lack of it.
Thank you Sister Barb. :)
Was this written for me? Just kidding. I needed a reminder. You're so smart B.
I heart you! Love the zoo pic's. That lion fountain is the ultimate picture spot and it always has been!
Well Barbara, I thought you already figured this out by now, but sorry to have to be the one to tell you....When you run you always have wind in your face! No matter the direction! :o) Just couldn't resist. Have a great day!
you are so good to have such a positive attitude about the wind... I just get really mad and swear in my mind! ;)
Post a Comment