GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

25 & i still feel little

Tomorrow is my birthday - yipee! I love my birthday. It always means time with my family & fun. And I don't mind getting older. It's just life, & it's all about attitude anyway.

So this year, since 25 seems like it should be monumental, to celebrate I'm going to do 25 things I've never done before over the course of the year (thanks for the idea Tai!) - here's my list so far. But I need help filling in the blanks - any ideas?! Please leave them in the comments!
  1. Go rock climbing
  2. Go on a zip line (weird I've never done that)
  3. Get a professional massage
  4. Skinny Dip - ha! Think what you will...
  5. Sleep under the stars/backpack in the mountains
  6. Take a painting class
  7. Take a pottery class
  8. Snowboard
  9. Go 4wheeling
  10. Snow shoeing
  11. Ride a snowmobile
  12. Water Ski
  13. Run a 5k
  14. Enter an item at the fair
  15. Attend the temple weekly instead of monthly
  16. Read all 4 works in 1 year
  17. Surf
  18. Try sushi - blah! (This one I'm not so sure about...I don't even really like cooked fish)
Okay - 7 more to go! Any crazy ideas out there?

14 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

hmmmm, what about get something published? letter to the editor, poem, etc. Or go to a new country OR state (depending on how much $$$ you want to spend!!!) Learn calligraphy, bungee jump, learn a new language (including sign language), make homemade donuts/bagels from scratch, that's all I can think of. ;)

Elicia said...

sushi really isn't that bad! :)

Melissa said...

youve never had a professional massage! Woman! once you get one you will never be able to stop... beware! :)

D'N'J said...

get a tattoo.

CAF said...

a. go spelunking
b. go ghost hunting
c. fly a plane (maybe dustin will let you take the controls for a minute!)
d. have your palm or tarot read by a gypsy
e. get something pierced
f. dye your hair a crazy color (blue! blue!!!)
g. go on an "urban hike" -- from logan to SLC or logan to preston
h. have a beer
i. be in a theatre production(have you done that?)
j. clean my house
k. detail my car
l. weed my garden
m. read some original writing at Helicon West
n. create an outdoor art installation
o. organize a community event
p. go to gilgal gardens

Barb said...

Carrie...what makes you think I would have a beer?! Silly sister...keep with the ideas though. I already seem some I'll take...

MStevenson said...

Interesting ideas....here's mine.

-Meet a celebrity.
-Go to see an opera.
-Visit every Temple in Utah.
-Hike to that old Juniper tree.
-Give $20 to someone in need (on the street or in the mailbox of someone you know that would need it).
-Sing in front of an audience (more than 10 people) again.
-Visit the Salt Flats.


I'll think of some more later.

Troy said...

If you hung out with your brother more that list would be even harder to make!

Marie said...

Good idea Barb! Good luck with snowboarding...i went for my first time last winter...it is harder than it looks :-) And sushi rolls do not have to have raw fish in them. I really like the California rolls--they are very simple and have cooked crab meat or shrimp, avacado, cucumber...YUM!

CAF said...

o i just thot i'd slip in the beer to see if you were noticing. ha!

if you're going to try sushi, you have to try SUSHI (raw fish n all) (besides - cali rolls are like drinking skim milk mixed with bathwater -- the raw fish stuff is like drinking STRAIGHT CREAM [sorry, Marie, that's my opinion - and i know many others feel the same as you do]

(PS it's addictive)

CAF said...

ooh! i have a few more:
--attend Jewish temple
--attend a Buddhist service
--Baptist
--Catholic
--Episcopalian
--etc.

Brendan said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Vernos said...

Happy Belated birthday! Looks like you guys had a great time this past weekend. Are these things you want to do, or have done and need 7 more? Just wondering...

Barb said...

want to do...any ideas Meg?