GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

batgirl beauty

Finally finished dehydrating/canning our apples at 2:30am this morning...so now a Halloween post! Sadie was Batgirl for Halloween this year - and the cutest little superhero I've ever seen. She loved her costume, mostly the cape and wore it like a champ all day! Ry & I were going to dress up, but due to lack of time, we just wore t-shirts, lame...my shirt had Wonder Woman on it and Ry's was a Spiderman shirt. So, there ya go. And of course, no pics of me, since I'm always behind the camera.

Her eyes in this picture kill me! So pretty. Thanks to cousin Welly generously opening a sucker wrapper for her, my girl now has a taste for sugar...these few days since Halloween have been mighty interesting!
The night before Halloween we carved pumpkins with my parents and had donuts & root beer (an in-law tradition). It was great fun. Sadie had her own little pumpkin to gut and draw on - she didn't like getting messy at first and was carefully picking out seeds one at a time. Then she took her spoon and scooped them back inside again. She loved it!
Halloween day was busy! Trick-or-treating at the mall with cousins, aunties, uncle, and grandparents - another auntie's marching band competition, dinner with friends, and trick-or-treating with her best little friend Emma (in the Lion suit). They were so cute - tiredly walking door to door with buckets in hand. In between houses Sadie & Emma would hold hands and walk together. They kill me! Such cute little girls.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Such a cute costume! I love the bat ears.

Aubrey said...

What a little sweetie! Love the bat-girl idea. Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween!

Elicia said...

only in utah will you ever find a kid dressed up as a missionary for halloween! :)

BlondieBlueEyes said...

So CUTE! Suc Beautiful Blue eyes. The pictures are great. I am glad you had a great Halloween.

Troy said...

I miss out on all the fun!

Marie said...

She's the cutest bat I've seen! I'm assuming the costume is your fantastic handy-work--it looks awesome. Yay for trick-or-treating, and yay for having kids young enough that you can eat all their candy for them!

Barb said...

Marie - I did make it! Gotta love easy felt projects! =) Word to the wise though - felt around the ankles...cute, but so dirty & quite the leaf magnet!

MStevenson said...

It was very fun. Welly loved holding Carrie's hand, Mom is very uncool already.

Saide baby is the cutest.