Sadie loved playing in the snow!! Trying to eat it, throwing snowballs at the window - being pulled in the sleigh she didn't like so much, she wanted to walk.
I didn't let Sadie watch any TV until just a couple months ago - I'm a mean mom. =) And now it's minimal, and it has to be educational. She loves Elmo & Handy Manny. Once the holiday season started I broke out my Christmas Classics DVD's & she absolutely loves Frosty The Snowman, loves. She asks for it first thing in the morning. Sings along with the songs. She even knows the bunny's name is Hocus Pocus and says it oh so cutely. After the credits finish she immediately asks to watch it again. I've had to limit her to once a day...I can only take so much Frosty. And to top it off - we have a stuffed Frosty as part of our Christmas decorations - his hat used to be sewn on...Sadie ripped it off and now wears it around the house all the time. She looks like a little hobo.
Santa...traumatic again. Before sitting on his lap we talked to him, she gave him high-fives - but the second she was on his lap it was all over. But, then again maybe she wasn't crying at Santa, maybe it was that creepy old lady peering out of the window behind them that freaked her out...seriously. Scary decorations mall people.
The Christmas dress I carefully planned, was very excited for, and stayed up till 1am making...then S woke up 2 1/2 hours later throwing up so we didn't make it to church. No big deal.
Too bad she hates it...really, really hates it. Every time I mentioned trying it on she would start screaming. After a day and half I finally put in on her just to see what it looked like and she lost it. Big meltdown. The only thing we can think of is that she saw me making it - maybe handmade items are below her, she's a store-bought kinda gal...we're in big trouble. Hoping she'll wear it on Sunday...hoping.
And gingerbread houses with friends - Spencer, Aubrey, their little guy Peter, Shauna, Jeff, and Sadie's best friend Emma. It was so fun to have you guys over!! Oh, and if you're wondering why Sadie is scowling...her little cousin Damien scowls to be funny and then smiles afterward. She saw him scowling a couple weeks ago and picked up on it. She smiled right after the camera flashed. Silly girl. She's got a mean scowl!
Merry Christmas everyone!!

5 comments:
Yes I got the present! So funny. I tried to explain to Grant what it was all about....he didn't get it. Thanks! The Lemon Berry thing was really good. Have a great Christmas. P.S. Sadie is a sweetheart.
I love the pic of Sadie on Santa's lap...awesome!
B, you did a killer job on Sadie's dress. Super cute. Too bad about the dress-related meltdown (but the pics of it are cute). So many funny pics of Sadie in this one -- the scowl. Hahaha.
What a fun Christmas! And by the way, I saw Sadie in her dress on Sunday and I was thinking "What a cute little dress!" I had no idea that you made it yourself! It's so, so cute and I'm glad you got her to wear it :)
She is so funny. The dress is beautiful. She is such a smart and beautiful girl.
Post a Comment