GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

my little sous chef + thanks

Thanksgiving with my fam was great. I made the pies, 8...for 8 adults...don't judge me. I just really like pie. Sadie helped me bake them all! She LOVES to cook!! She'll drag the kitchen chair over to the counter and climb on up. The other morning, before breakfast or anything, she said "Mommy, cook.", and headed off for the kitchen, I told her we weren't going to cook right then, she repeated with more vigor, "Mommy, cook." Again I said we weren't going to yet. Then she said "Mommy, coooook." As she stomped her little feet and threw a little fit. So cute and determined.
Apple, Pumpkin, Custard, Cream Cheese Pie, Frozen Cranberry, Caramelized Pecan, Lemon Supreme Cheesecake, Brownie Cheesecake...all delicious! I'll be posted the recipes later.

6 comments:

robin said...

MMMMMM - skip dinner and go straight to the pie!!!

huston said...

please post recipes they look so good and how fun having saddie help!

Amanda Petersen said...

when i grow up i really want to be like you. i'm waiting for elle to REPLY to my cooking, "mommy, no cook."
:)

CAF said...

i don't judge, i love....pie. thanks, b, for all the goodies. that lil sadie is the cutest chef i ever did see. love you both.

BlondieBlueEyes said...

They look so delicious. I can't wait for recipes.

Marie said...

I think I have the pie sickness too--I can't describe how hard it was for me to only get to make ONE pie this year. Can't wait for your recipies :)