GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

holiday leftovers

Here are some highlights of the rest of our holiday season...loved Christmas with my in-laws!! (except the part where I woke up incredibly sick Christmas Eve morning...quarantined to the back room to not spread it - luckily I was 100% by the next morning)

Christmas lights were fun & difficult...S wanted to be big and walk, without holding hands, in a large group of people...not good. In one of the pictures below she's waving at baby Jesus in the manger.
Christmas morning was great - tons of fun watching the little cousins run around checking out each others toys. S got a little kitchen from her Grandma & Grandpa...she was so happy she wasn't sure what to do with herself. I'm pretty sure after that she didn't need any other present. She played with it the rest of the day, freaked out when it got put in the car to come home, and was SOO excited to see it in her own house. She plays with it daily - best present ever!! She loves putting her cheerios in the oven to cook & yesterday she said "beep, beep, beep" (imitating my kitchen timer) then said "cheerios, baking" and ran over to her oven, got them out, and brought them to me to eat. Such a cute little chef.
We had Christmas with my family the next day, once everyone was feeling better (they all got sick) - but sadly I didn't really take any pictures. Sorry fam! Here's a couple of good ones...
Over the holiday break we also got to see some friends - the annual roomie get together, missing 2, but still a pretty good turnout. The toddlers did not want their pictures taken...
And Hannah, one of my best friends, with her husband Neal. She lives in DC, so I get to see her twice a year if I'm lucky.
I love the holidays - I'm sad they're over. Guess I should probably take down my Christmas decorations now...=)

5 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

oh great! sadie is learning to cook good things in the oven from her mama... elle would never know what to do with a kitchen. she'd just stare at the cheerios, let them stay as cheerios, and say, "cereal, mama?" yah, that's all i predict. her thinking my idea of cooking is cereal!!

looks like your holidays were great! the roomie get-together WAS fun! sad we weren't ALL together though:(

Heather said...

It looks like a great Holiday! Sadie is so cute! I love that cute story about her cooking her cheerios. She is just so adorable!

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

hooray! I'm in your blog! it was so great to see you! I LOVE YOU!

CAF said...

thanks for all the pics, b. love them.

D'N'J said...

looks like you guys had a lovely holiday season.