Ry & I love the mountains - we're especially sentimental about the ones we live by. And since this is probably our last summer in close proximity to them, we try to visit them as often as possible.
Today, on a whim, we decided to have dinner up the canyon at our very favorite spot...
very.favorite.spot. So favorite that I'm not at liberty to say where it is exactly. Although we are willing to take people there blindfolded. Troy don't tell everyone! I know you probably recognize it.

We ate in the back of our car overlooking the view below...excuse the crappy photoshop job to splice two images together, I'm in a hurry...

It's breathtaking. Sadie loved exploring the area while hugging her can of unopened pringles...

They were caught sneaking chips before dinner was ready. I love their matching guilty faces!

We also love camping and were a little nervous how it would go this summer now that Sadie is potty trained - this was the succesful test run - so yay! We can go camping without any problems! We'll just have to remember the pringles as a reward.

The master chef and his stellar view...

Dinner time! Loved it. Right after clean up it started to rain hard - but oh, what a pretty drive!

If you ask Ry he'll tell you I was white knuckled the whole way down the wet dirt windey road...but that doesn't mean I didn't think it was pretty. Next time we'll stay the night.
9 comments:
I miss the Logan area already and I've only been away from it for a month. Enjoy it as much as you can.
What a beautiful day you had! I'm totally jealous.
looks like so much fun! I'm so jealous that you live close to MOUNTAINS!
I've been there, but I can't remember how to to get it! Fun pix, thanks for sharing.
A lady in the ward, when she found out we were from Cache Valley, told us that her dad always said Cache Valley is where the real Garden of Eden is. He grew up in the Valley and really loved it. She's President Benson's daughter. :)
you amaze me, it looks like you remembered everything, including little misses high chair. i love how fun you make life. always looking for some new adventure to do with your cute family.
Wow-that is so beautiful! What a fun idea! Isn't it nice having time to relax on Sundays :)
you're always so fun and adventurous! i miss logan canyons!!!
Barbara it has been way too long since I snuck onto your blog - might I just say...Your little girl is edible - SO CUTE! What a beautiful family!
Post a Comment