GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Thursday, August 19, 2010

5 years

I can't believe we've been married 5 years today! It goes by so fast, and yet it feels like I've always been with Ry. So glad I have eternity to spend with this amazing man. I have so much respect for him and am so grateful for all of the hard work and selfless sacrifices he makes for our family.


When we first got married people kept telling me - "you'll love him more as time goes on" and I honestly did not believe them. I loved him so much then I couldn't imagine loving him anymore! I thought I was maxed out. But, of course, they were right. I really do love him more with every passing year.


Things I love about Ry...
  • He is the hardest worker I know
  • He never complains
  • He loves being a daddy & is so good at it
  • He always treats me like royalty, even if I'm acting more like a royal pain
  • He is far from lazy - even after a long day at work he'll jump right in to help me with housework when he gets home
  • He has an enormous amount of patience
  • He is really just a kid at heart and loves to play
  • He's adventuresome
  • Nothing scares him
  • He has unwavering faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ
  • He honors his priesthood
  • He is respectful of others
  • He can handle my family drama better than I can and loves them unconditionally
  • He is a great example to me in so many ways
The other day in Relief Society we were asked to think of a person we know that was the most Christ like and their characteristics...I thought long and hard and then it dawned on me. By far the most Christ like, kind, generous person I know is my husband - what an awesome example! I am so blessed to have him.


Five years into eternity! Love it! Happy Anniversary baby! Can't wait to see what the next 5 years brings!

12 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

awwwww-- Happy anniversary!!!! I'm so glad I've been there through it all :) love you both!

Shirley said...

Congrats!!! You guys do share the same anniversary as us! Have a great day!

Mandy said...

Happy anniversary!!! Love the wedding picture...you look gorgeous!

CAF said...

Plus he's cute, right? Don't forget that part, you wifey.

D'N'J said...

i'm always surprised when your anniversary comes around again because i'm always sure you've been married much longer than me! when do we get to know what awesome thing you guys did this year? ;)

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys are so dang cute! I hope you have a great day :)

Laura Howard said...

Happy Anniversary!!! The time does fly by, doesn't it?

Love you guys!

Elicia said...

happy anniversary! i know that for me, you two are one of the prime examples in my life of what i hope my marriage (whenever that happens) will be!

Troy said...

Good for you guys!!!! Keep it up!

MStevenson said...

Great job!

J said...

Happy Anniversary and also Congratulations on Sadie getting to be a big sister soon!

Marie said...

Yay for anniversaries! We love you!