GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

ocd smarty pants

Sadie is such a good mix of Ry and I - she's got my ocd and his brilliance...which makes for an entertaining combination. Just some random Sadie-isms as of late...

My sister sent Sadie the following postcard the other week - she put it on the fridge with the magnet placed just so over his eye...


Someone picked it up to read the back and put it back as a normal person would (without a monocle)  - it wasn't 2 seconds later that Sadie came behind them to fix it. The magnet needed to be over his eye. All he needs now is a top hat!

Speaking of ocd - she used glow worm as a flashlight to pick at a "scratch" on her wall for 2 hours instead of going to sleep...in the morning we found a hole all the way down to a screw in the dry wall. The next night she asked for a  band-aid for the wall...what a goof!

While eating dinner last week she found a duck on the ketchup...it took Ry and I a second to know what she was talking about...do you see it?


Two mornings ago she woke up hysterically screaming in her sleep - "Aaaahhhh!!! No!!!! Don't take my bike!!! That's my bike!!!" - super frantic. Ry went to her room to calm her down...."That's my bike!!! Don't take my bike Welly!!!" - ha! Apparently she's terrified of her cousin Welly taking her bike. It was hilarious.

She told me this morning that we should only have 2 kids in our family - her and baby brother. I asked "What if there are other kids waiting in heaven to come to our family?" She then pointed to a picture of a different family and said matter of factly - "They can go live with them." We'll see...

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Lol she cracks me up! Good luck on friday...if he doesn't come sooner!

CAF said...

hahahaha

Shirley said...

Haha what a cutie pants! I love the postcard and magnet. That is so funny looking, it's perfect!

robin said...

I guess it's a good thing that the soon-to-be brother is being accepted - even if you may have to convince her later to allow additional siblings into your family!!!

What a joy she is - I wish we could visit more often. Love you guys!

Jake and Bre said...

cute sadie! love her! we are so excited for you guys- its a big week! post pictures asap and let us know if we can do anything at all for you guys!! good luck! we will be thinking of you!

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

she is darling! no lie I noticed the duck before I even read about the picture!!

MStevenson said...

So funny.