GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

our new years

We spent New Year's at our house, just the 3 (or rather 4) of us this year - we've never done that before...and we LOVED it! Since baby boy will be making his appearance soon and changing things, we are really relishing in all the time we can spend as a family - just us.

We did one of Little Miss's favorite things - cuddle in blankets and pillows on the floor to watch a movie with popcorn. This is the 2nd time we've done this and she thinks it is the best! We watched Despicable Me - pretty good.


After Sadie was in bed Ry and I watched The Ghost Writer and waited for midnight. I thought it was time for bed...only to find out my sweet husband had secretly rolled up blankets and created a "maternity" massage table on our bed. I wish I'd taken a picture - he's so creative. And I got to lay on my tummy for the first time in months! Best ever. And he gave me a great massage!


I sure love that guy! He said he was starting out the new year right - with brownie points. So funny. Happy New Years!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

What a good husband! That was one of the things I missed most while I was pregnant too...being able to lay on my tummy.

angie curtis said...

So I had posted a comment on your last post, about when your baby is getting here. Then I saw that there was a baby boy with Sadie in a picture by the tree. So I erased my comment thinking he was yours. But then you had said something about him not being here yet, man I was totally confused. So who is the baby boy in the picture?

Barb said...

Angie - that's my great nephew - we watched him overnight for my niece and Sadie loved him!

Rachel said...

I remember trying to event something that would allow me to lay on my tummy. It didn't work out to well for me...I think I was way too huge. How cute of Ryan, you have a good husband. Hang in there. Your almost done.