GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm growing up!

I hate being alone at night when Ryan is out of town. Hate. Which is funny cause when I was single I could handle it no problem. Even when my roommates were gone and I was completely alone - no big deal. But now that I'm used to having a man their to protect me (and to cuddle with) - I hate the feel of the empty bed next to me and how quiet the house is.

So usually when he's out of town I make (make isn't the right word - she loves it) my mom come stay on our couch. That way I actually sleep instead of tossing and turning.

Well, we're going on day 3 of 4 with Ry in Oklahoma on a business trip and I am proud to announce - I've been successfully single-momming it up the past few days with no problems. Even at night! And sleeping. Although the sleep might be induced by the ridiculous fatigue after a day of caring for 2 monkeys alone. But that's okay with me!

I decided it was time I grow up and be able to be alone at night again. Especially since we're more than likely moving out of state and the business trips probably won't stop then. So yay for me!

Yay for Sadie for being such a big helper. And a huge shout out to my sis Carrie for coming to hold Tucker (who is becoming colicky) while I bathe Sadie at nighttime so he's not left alone to scream his head off. Seriously - thank you. Tucker thanks you too.

Can't wait to see my honey tomorrow night!

4 comments:

MStevenson said...

I'm usually okay too now, but last time Mark left town for two nights, I had Mom come by one night. I need to seriously stop watching crime/mystery/scary type shows, it makes my imagination play tricks on me.

Barb said...

Me too! I haven't watched the news since he's been gone cause I know I'll freak myself out...=)

Unknown said...

jeff leaves me home alone every night.. most nights i'm okay.. but sometimes there are really creepy noises and i wish we had a big dog or something.

angie curtis said...

Dave travels for work, not as much this past year as others. But, I feel like just as I am getting used to being on my own he comes home! It'll get easier, I promise!