
I will admit - I am a skeptic of global warming. I understand that we are changing our environment with all the polution - but I don't think we need to worry too much. Of course we should be environmentally friendly, conserve energy, don't litter...all that. And keeping our natural resources from depleting is great. But this just makes me laugh...Al Gore received an Oscar for his global warming movie - "An Inconvenient Truth" - which I've never seen. On CNBC today it was mentioned that most of his statistics used in the film were exaggerated, fictitious, & couldn't be backed up with scientific proof - I tried to find the clip, but couldn't. Anyway...here's the kicker - the following exerpt is from an article on www.abc.go.com
Armed with Gore's utility bills for the last two years, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research charged Monday that the gas and electric bills for the former vice president's 20-room home and pool house devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours in 2006, more than 20 times the national average of 10,656 kilowatt-hours.
"If this were any other person with $30,000-a-year in utility bills, I wouldn't care," says the Center's 27-year-old president, Drew Johnson. "But he tells other people how to live and he's not following his own rules."
Doesn't that just give you a good chuckle?! If you want to know how you're effecting the environment go to http://www.carbonfootprint.com/. The spokesman for Al Gore said he has taken his carbon footprint into consideration and has made adjustments to his lifestyle...like only having 20 rooms instead of 25. How generous of him. =)
Click Here To Read The Article

2 comments:
Nice picture. When Logan started the whole manitory recycling, I didn't like it too much. I want the Earth to be clean and I like the idea of recycling, I just want someone else to do it. Well I did'nt get my wish, so I do my recycling now, like I'm supposed to.
Good for you sis. The whole global warming thing is a new religion. There have been ice ages before right? What made the ice melt then? I don't think there were any cars running at the time, so I don't think humans made it warmer then either. Maybe it's just nature, and natural.
I love hollywood, they pick works of fiction to give the documentary award to. Remember, they gave the nutjob Michael Moore an award too. They just like to support people who hold their same warped view.
Post a Comment