GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Friday, February 02, 2007

Yellowstone 2006


First of all - I would just like to point out to everyone that I have blogged 4 days in a row now! Me! I know its amazing. Anyway...

For our anniversary last August we wanted to go on a fun/cheap trip. So straight from our River Rafting with the family near Jackson Hole WY we drove up to Yellowstone. It was my first time there - so beautiful! If ya'll haven't gone, you should! It is way worth it.

It was so nice to feel care free before having to come back to our reality of school and work. We camped throughout the park and had a great time doing it. We saw all the usual attractions - Old Faithful included and went off the beaten path as well. One morning we decided to hike Bunsen Peak - 10 mile roundtrip, 2 miles to the summit, 1300 foot incline, 360 degree view at the top - which was a little scary because bears roam free and we were basically by ourselves on the other side of the mountain who went on the full hike around the peak and not just up and back down the same way. So we did a lot of "Bears, we're coming - don't eat us" talk on the trail. Mostly I did it - Ry doesn't scare easy, but I wasn't ready to climb a tree, so I shamelessly let all the bears know I was coming.
Such a fun trip! Can't wait till we can go somewhere new this summer. All the pictures from the trip are on our Photo Album - theres a lot but its fun to look through them. There are also some video clips from our trip. Yeah for vacations!

1 comment:

MStevenson said...

wow there was a real lack of comments on this post. sorry.
I finally looked at all your pics and I'm so jealous that you went to yellowstone. I've always thought it looked really fun, but Mark went when he was younger and he didn't have a fun time, I guess it was too stinky for him, and now he doesn't want to go again. Lame. Anyway, looks like you went some really fun places and saw some pretty things.