The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Baby-Schaefy's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. He would even squirm now in response to me poking my belly, but I wouldn't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in Baby-Schaefy's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: his eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, he is just over two inches long, about the size of a lime, and weighs half an ounce.We have an appointment tomorrow - so that's exciting. Hopefully we'll get another ultrasound. But we won't know if it's a boy or girl for at least another month - till week 16 or 18 probably.
Oh, and Ry did good on his test - sorry about the lack of follow-up there...access to the internet on the weekends is a little difficult. =)

8 comments:
wow! I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl yet!
And congrats on your test Ry!
I loved getting ultrasounds. I only had two with Olivia, but I had several with my each of my boys.
For the second time today, I feel slightly sick to my stomach because a woman shared too much about their bodily functions with me. Thank you for that.
;) JK
I can tell you're really excited, AND that you've decided you want it to be a boy. He this, and his that. What's Ryan's take on this?
i wouldn't say they decided... she's alternating her posts. first was boy, then girl, now boy again. you guys need to get internet! :)
Who else shared info about their bodily functions with you Ben!? Weird...besides, it was about my babies bodily functions. =) Dianna's right - I am alternating between posts...Ry, however, is more than positive it's a boy. Don't even say it's a girl, you'll get an ear full...
it has to be a girl! that would be so fun... little wellsy boy and little... something girl! :)
Nanna you make me laugh. =) Little something girl, it's a good strong name.
I love ultrasounds they make it so real not that the feeling sick isnt real. I loved getting glimpses of my babies.
SO FUN!
Post a Comment