GOING PRIVATE : Want an invite? Leave a comment with your email address or send it to me at barb.themomblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

13 Weeks - Medium Shrimp Baby

Fingerprints have formed on Baby-Schaefy's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head - which makes up just a third of her body size now. Baby-Schaefy is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

Don't read on if you don't want to be grossed out...that warning was for you Danielsens. =) It's not that bad though, I promise.

If Baby-Schaefy is a girl - she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Let's just talk about this for a minute...3 months ago she was only an egg herself. The miracles of the body never cease to amaze me - really. The bodies we have are such a blessing - best machines ever.

13 comments:

Elicia said...

a girl! yay! i'll get to work on that quilt!

Barb said...

No, not a girl....I just keep switching back and forth between posts - boy/girl. We won't know until Dec 26th. Sorry Elicia. =)

robin said...

Ummm - Why are the Danielsen's supposed to be grossed out??? I'm confused. But that's okay - I'm confused most of the time.

Barb said...

Mostly just for Dianna & Troy...=) A post a little while back they said "eeewwww..." & Ben thought I said too much last time. It's just a tease.

Troy said...

I'm just glad that you'll have one of the three sexes.

MStevenson said...

Dont forget Carrie either...she can't handle that type of stuff.

Anonymous said...

I'm offended!

Anonymous said...

ps - dont i get amnesty here because i'm technically a tomlinson! :) i agree with the carrie thing - remember the game where she couldn't stop giggling!

Anonymous said...

yes, barbara said a naughty word in front of the entire family. (in frontt of the family being the key here)

Barb said...

That's true - Carrie probably can't handle it more than anyone else...I forgot about that game. =) It wasn't a naughty word - it was medical, and it got people to guess correctly!

Troy said...

Technical, medical word used in context.

Then again I guess the word I made Carrie say when she thought I was going to kill her was used in good context too . . . .

Elicia said...

grr!

Heather said...

I'm with you Barb, it's all so amazing isn't it! Your shrimp is going to be so cute too!