This week's big developments: Baby-Schaefy can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him - a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if we had an ultrasound now, we might even catch him sucking his thumb!Baby-Schaefy is stretching out - from head to bottom he measures 3.5 inches, about the size of a lemon, and weighs 1.5 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. He's starting to develop an ultra-fine downy covering of hair called lanugo all over his body. Though I can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, his hands and feet (about half an inch long) are more flexible and active.

5 comments:
It is really fun to see the growth of your baby. It seem like it is going so fast to me but then I am not the one feeling sick. I can't wait to see Schafey-baby.
So fun! Any day now in the coming weeks you will soon start to feel the first fluttering kicks! I'm so excited for you! The kicking and acrobatics of my babies was my favorite part of the pregnancy.
He/She/It's gong to be a little outlaw. You know that right?
By the way, Barb, How are you feeling? I hope the morning sickness is over by now. That's miserable!
I didn't feel him right away, when they said I would.
Post a Comment